Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Bryan Kearney <bk...@redhat.com> on 2009/02/16 21:50:47 UTC

Qman and Java Agents

I was poking around the code, becuase I am interested in exposing an EJB
   as a QMF Agent. In looking at the code, it appears that QMan is more
geard to exposing other agents to java code as JMX so as to build JMX
consoles. Is that correct? If so, has there been any work on exposing
Java Agents?

-- bk

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Qman and Java Agents

Posted by Bryan Kearney <bk...@redhat.com>.
Andrea Gazzarini wrote:
> The same for me...I would be happy to help on this topic. Especially
> if it should be part of QMan :)
> Bryan, just for curiosity,  could you explain me better?
> I believe that a resource exposed for management must be stateful so I
> suppose you were talking about a stateful session bean isn'it ?
> A stateless or an entity bean is pooled so how it's possible to bind a
> specific instance on qmf?

I currently have a session bean (stateless) which exposes a command
pattern front end. I would like to be able to expose this in the EJB
container as a Message Driven Bean or annotate similar to how I would
expose it as a Web Service. This may not address all the use cases of
QMF, but I think it would hit a decent amount of them.

-- bk

Re: Qman and Java Agents

Posted by Bryan Kearney <bk...@redhat.com>.

Re: Qman and Java Agents

Posted by Andrea Gazzarini <a....@gmail.com>.
The same for me...I would be happy to help on this topic. Especially
if it should be part of QMan :)
Bryan, just for curiosity,  could you explain me better?
I believe that a resource exposed for management must be stateful so I
suppose you were talking about a stateful session bean isn'it ?
A stateless or an entity bean is pooled so how it's possible to bind a
specific instance on qmf?
Anyway, if you want i'm really interested in this topic so maybe
should be possible to do something together :)

Regards
Andrea

On 2/16/09, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Bryan Kearney wrote:
>> Carl Trieloff wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, that is correct, QMan goes from QMF to JMX. The reverse mapping
>>> needs to be completed. Rafi and I have looked at it some &
>>> discussed.. want to help /contribute to it?
>>> Carl.
>>>

>> I would be happy to help! Do you have discussions documented some
>> place for me to read?
>
> some content on wiki, lets see if it can be organized / updated and then
> will post a pointer to it.
>
> Carl.

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Sent from my mobile device