Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Charlene Mitchell <ch...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/11/06 14:38:58 UTC

RE: followRedirects is false

Firstly, thank you for such a thorough reply, it
answered all my questions and I now have my Cactus
test working.  :-))

I thought I'd read all the documents and searched all
the mail archives but I must have missed 'How it
works' (and especially the UML one) - sorry!

Basically I was setting up things in beginXXX() that
should have been in setup() and vice versa.

Now that I have it working from Ant (using the nice
new FormAuthentication class), is it possible to also
get the same testcase working directly from a URL?

I don't use FormAuthentication in the test unless a
System property username/password is set - that way I
rely on the fact that the web server automatically
redirects me to authenticate with a login page (this
should work). But I'm getting a strange error which I
couldn't find any info for in the mail archives:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String
index out of range: 100
	at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1473)
	at
org.apache.cactus.client.WebTestResultParser.readRootElement(WebTestResultParser.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):147)
	at
org.apache.cactus.client.WebTestResultParser.parse$ajcPostAround11(WebTestResultParser.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):101)
	at
org.apache.cactus.client.WebTestResultParser.parse(WebTestResultParser.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):1222)

>From the command line the test succeeds and the result
I get is:
    [junit] (httpclient.wire                     88  )
<< "<webresult></webresult>"
Could this empty tag be the problem?

Charlene