Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "wxn002@zjqunshuo.com" <wx...@zjqunshuo.com> on 2016/11/08 03:25:47 UTC

operation and maintenance tools

Hi All,

I need to do maintenance work for a C* cluster with about 10 nodes. Please recommend a C* operation and maintenance tools you are using.
I also noticed my C* deamon using large memory while doing nothing. Is there any convenent tool to deeply analysize the C* node memory?

Cheers,
Simon

Re: operation and maintenance tools

Posted by Vladimir Yudovin <vl...@winguzone.com>.
For memory usage you can use small command line tool https://github.com/patric-r/jvmtop

Also there are number of GUI tools that connect to JMX port, like jvisualvm

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,

Winguzone - Hosted Cloud Cassandra
Launch your cluster in minutes.

---- On Mon, 07 Nov 2016 22:25:47 -0500&lt;wxn002@zjqunshuo.com&gt; wrote ----

Posted by "wxn002@zjqunshuo.com" <wx...@zjqunshuo.com>.
Thank you for the response. Now I have more confidence on using nodetool:-)

From: Dikang Gu
Date: 2016-11-08 14:52
To: cassandra
Subject: Re: operation and maintenance tools
Hi Simon,

For a 10 nodes cluster, Cassandra nodetool should be enough for most C* operations and maintenance, unless you have some special requirements.

For the memory, you can check what's your JVM settings, and the gc log for JVM usage.

--Dikang.

--
Dikang

Re: operation and maintenance tools