Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mi...@me.com.INVALID on 2019/07/08 16:15:33 UTC

Re: [DISCUSSION] ActiveMQ 5.x roadmap, codename ActiveMQ Missus

I think as a project we need to be clear in direction here with one roadmap. To avoid users confusion.

I was on the understanding that as a community and PMC a roadmap was already agreed.

And this was for artemis to become activemq 6 was agreed and once it has all features (and more) of 5 which is now nearing.

Its one of the reasons over the years features like jms 2 there hasnt been effort to add it, as Artemis was the planned replacement that brought jms 2 features amongst others.

Get Outlook for Android

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 7:13 PM +0100, <fp...@apache.org> wrote:

Hi JB,

I think it make a lot of sense to focus on this points and I will be
more than happy to contribute!

There is a very large community of users around the ActiveMQ 5.x and
it's still very widely use in production environment.

I'm not sure that the users actually understand the difference between
ActiveMQ 5.x and Artemis, and why Artemis will became ActiveMQ 6.x.

If ActiveMQ 5.x still has a long life, I think that the community should
be clear about the 2 projects name.

regards,

François
fpapon@apache.org

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
Dev list got dropped so adding back in (really this probably only belongs
the dev list anyways)

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

> As part of the roadmap discussion, we must also decide if one of the goals
> for Artemis is still to be a drop-in replacement for ActiveMQ. I know that
> at one time this was the goal, i.e., allow current ActiveMQ users to drop
> in Artemis and have everything just continue to work. Is there still value
> in this goal?

That’s still a goal.  I am personally committed to that.

> [...]
> has
> > all features (and more) of 5 which is now nearing.
> > >

> > > Its one of the reasons over the years features like jms 2 there hasnt
> > been effort to add it, as Artemis was the planned replacement that
> brought
> > jms 2 features amongst others.

> > > Get Outlook for Android
> > >

> > > On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 7:13 PM +0100,  wrote:
> > >

> > > Hi JB,
> > >
> > > I think it make a lot of sense to focus on this points and I will be
> > > more than happy to contribute!
> > >
> > > There is a very large community of users around the ActiveMQ 5.x and
> > > it's still very widely use in production environment.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure that the users actually understand the difference between
> > > ActiveMQ 5.x and Artemis, and why Artemis will became ActiveMQ 6.x.
> > >
> > > If ActiveMQ 5.x still has a long life, I think that the community

Clebert Suconic

Re: [DISCUSSION] ActiveMQ 5.x roadmap, codename ActiveMQ Missus

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

--
perl -e 'print

Posted by mi...@me.com.INVALID.