Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2006/07/07 00:10:12 UTC

[testing] Peace (was: Re: svn commit: r419522 - in /incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/nio: .classpath build.xml make/hyproperties.xml src/test/java/common/ src/test/java/common/org/ src/test/java/linux/ src/test/java/org/ src/test/java/windows/)

May I tactfully suggest that we get this back to a discussion of the
pros and cons of JUnit test suites and/or TestNG metadata vs. directory
layout.

It sounds like we all want to resolve that problem asap.

Regards,
Tim

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: [testing] Peace

Posted by Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <th...@gmail.com>.
Tim Ellison skrev  den 07-07-2006 00:10:
> May I tactfully suggest that we get this back to a discussion of the
> pros and cons of JUnit test suites and/or TestNG metadata vs. directory
> layout.

Sounds good.  Then I have a question:

I have used JUnit 3 somewhat for test-driven development, and found it
well integrated in eclipse.

Is the features of TestNG so overwhelmingly better than JUnit (both 3
and 4) that they merit using it, despite that more developers know JUnit?

Lets hear it from the elders themselves :)

--
  Thorbjørn

Re: [testing] Peace

Posted by George Harley <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Tim Ellison wrote:
> May I tactfully suggest that we get this back to a discussion of the
> pros and cons of JUnit test suites and/or TestNG metadata vs. directory
> layout.
>
> It sounds like we all want to resolve that problem asap.
>
> Regards,
> Tim

+1

--