Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Peter Shipley <ps...@nomensa.com> on 2004/10/12 22:40:27 UTC

Debugging Page Generation Time

It would be nice to know how to add a "Page generated in X seconds" to a
page. This would allow a client to see how long it actually took the
page to be generated (authoring or live) so they would not blame the CMS
for being "slow".

Output to the HTML page is required over log files.

Has anybody tackled this ?

Regards

Peter

Re: Debugging Page Generation Time

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Peter Shipley wrote:

> so it doesn't seem to be lenya thats just affected, obviously something
> else is to blame.

maybe bring it up on the cocoon users list?

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                          http://lenya.apache.org

Re: Debugging Page Generation Time

Posted by Peter Shipley <ps...@nomensa.com>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> Peter Shipley wrote:
>
>> I hope I am not being dumb but this was activated in web.xml
>> (uncommented and value changed to true) and nothing seems to be
>> produced.
>>
>> I have a had a look through some cocoon docs but have not found a
>> clear explanation of how to use this.
>>
>> Any help possible ?
>

> you are right.. i just tried
>
> http://wyona.com/index.html?cocoon-showtime=yes but no luck. on the
> other hand i don't see how lenya would affect the behaviour of the
> cocoon servlet (the servlet inserts the time)

Well....from the cocoon website of published sites concerning the query
string you added

Cocoon 2.1.4

Works
--------