Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Joshua Jackson <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/28 04:23:24 UTC

T5: Why isn't there any validate property for RadioGroup ?

dear all,

when I tried the RadioGroup component, I noticed that there are no
validate property unlike all the other form component? Is there any
reason why this property is not available for RadioGroup? Because
there are times you are required to choose when using radio input.

Thanks in advance

--
Let's show the world what we've got.

Blog: http://joshuajava.wordpress.com/

Re: T5: Why isn't there any validate property for RadioGroup ?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Because input is so constrained.  Even so, I expect to add support for
validation, even though only "required" makes sense.  Validation is
tricker for radio groups, because there is not corresponding
client-side element (as there is for <select>) which means that any
client-side validation is a special case.  For my current project, I
had required radio buttons, and implemented it using a mixin (but that
wasn't satisfactory because it is relying on client-side validation).

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 7:23 PM, Joshua Jackson <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> dear all,
>
>  when I tried the RadioGroup component, I noticed that there are no
>  validate property unlike all the other form component? Is there any
>  reason why this property is not available for RadioGroup? Because
>  there are times you are required to choose when using radio input.
>
>  Thanks in advance
>
>  --
>  Let's show the world what we've got.
>
>  Blog: http://joshuajava.wordpress.com/