Posted to users@felix.apache.org by LongkerDandy <lo...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/06 15:07:34 UTC

URLStreamHandlerFactory and URLStreamHandlerService

Hi

My project depend on a library, which try do create a
URLStreamHandlerFactory.
But the factory can only be defined once, and already been defined by OSGi
framework.
I did some research and found I can register a URLStreamHandlerService.

The library is trying to modify the default http handler behaviour.
Is this can be done through a URLStreamHandlerService?

Regards
LongkerDandy

Re: URLStreamHandlerFactory and URLStreamHandlerService

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 1/6/11 9:23, Karl Pauls wrote:
> That said, it is possible to override the built-in http handler in felix.

But still not recommended. :-)

-> richard

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

<da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have a look at chapter 11 of the OSGi Core Spec.
> The answer is: possibly, but it depends on the implementation.
> Specifically in section 11.3.2 it is recommended to not override
> built-in handlers...
>
> Best regards,
>
> David
>
> On 6 January 2011 14:07, LongkerDandy <lo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> My project depend on a library, which try do create a
>> URLStreamHandlerFactory.
>> But the factory can only be defined once, and already been defined by OSGi
>> framework.
>> I did some research and found I can register a URLStreamHandlerService.
>>
>> The library is trying to modify the default http handler behaviour.
>> Is this can be done through a URLStreamHandlerService?
>>
>> Regards
>> LongkerDandy

Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: URLStreamHandlerFactory and URLStreamHandlerService

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi,