Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org> on 2021/01/09 00:43:00 UTC

[PROPOSAL] add an unsubscribe/help footer to recruitment ML

Hi All,

I propose we add a unsubscribe footer to that list like we have with
dev@ and some others.

Sorry this is a proposal without a known solution (on my part) but I
suspect a ticket to infra may be involved which I could create.

Lazy Consensus in in effect for this and if there are no objections I'll
figure out how to implement it in 72 hours.

Best regards,
Carl

Posted by Arrigo Marchiori <ar...@yahoo.it.INVALID>.
On Fri, Jan 08, 2021 at 07:43:00PM -0500, Carl Marcum wrote:

> Hi All,

> and some others.
>
> Sorry this is a proposal without a known solution (on my part) but I suspect
> a ticket to infra may be involved which I could create.
>
> Lazy Consensus in in effect for this and if there are no objections I'll
> figure out how to implement it in 72 hours.

+1

--
Arrigo

http://rigo.altervista.org

Posted by DurgaPrasad Potnuru <pv...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
For me, too. 'Thanks a lot Carl.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

Best regards,
Carl

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 26.01.21 um 00:45 schrieb Carl Marcum:

> On 1/19/21 12:23 PM, Marcus wrote:

>>> So should I go ahead with this if we are renaming the list?
>>> I don't to create work for infra if it's not needed.
>>
>> I haven't seen any objection since days, so I would assume that a)
>> renaming the mailing list and b) adding a footer is OK.
>>
>> Please go ahead. :-)
>>
>> Marcus
>>
> I put in a ticket for the footer [1].

thanks

> The rename I'll let someone else submit.

Done, please see the reply in the "[discussion] rename the recruitment
list" thread .

Marcus

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.

On 1/17/21 3:41 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 10/01/2021 Peter Kovacs wrote:
>> On 10.01.21 23:42, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>> But we should also be more proactive and remove people when they ask
>>> for it on the list: Whimsy https://whimsy.apache.org/ ...
>> The moderators are Patricia, Andrea and Marcus.
>
> I confirm that indeed I use Whimsy to help people unsubscribe the
> recruitment list when their intention is clear and when they are
> confused about how to do it. I hope the new footer will help limit
> these cases.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

So should I go ahead with this if we are renaming the list?
I don't to create work for infra if it's not needed.

Thanks,
Carl

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.

This is the Way! http://www.apache.org/theapacheway/index.html

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 09/01/2021 Carl Marcum wrote:
> I propose we add a unsubscribe footer to that list like we have with
> dev@ and some others.

+1 and Infra can indeed add it.

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 09.01.21 um 01:43 schrieb Carl Marcum:

> I propose we add a unsubscribe footer to that list like we have with
> dev@ and some others.
>
> Sorry this is a proposal without a known solution (on my part) but I
> suspect a ticket to infra may be involved which I could create.

I'm pretty sure only Infra can help as I think it's handled in the
mailing list software.

> Lazy Consensus in in effect for this and if there are no objections I'll
> figure out how to implement it in 72 hours.

I thought it cannot be true that there is no respective footer in
recruitment@ mails. But it's treue: no footer :-O

So +100 for adding this.

Marcus

BTW: