Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Matthieu Labour <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2010/02/26 16:02:54 UTC

replication. when the slave goes down...

Hi
I have 2 solr machine. 1 master, 1 slave replicating the index from the master
The machine on which the slave is running went down while the replication was running
I suppose the index must be corrupted. Can I safely remove the index on the slave and restart the slave and the slave will start over the replication from scratch?
Thank you

Re: replication. when the slave goes down...

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 8:32 PM, Matthieu Labour
<ma...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi
> I have 2 solr machine. 1 master, 1 slave replicating the index from the
> master
> The machine on which the slave is running went down while the replication
> was running
> I suppose the index must be corrupted. Can I safely remove the index on the
> slave and restart the slave and the slave will start over the replication
> from scratch?

Yes, replication will copy the latest index from master on restarting the
slave.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.