Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by chu <ch...@bud.co.jp> on 2005/01/30 06:47:27 UTC

javax.servlet.http class

Hi,  everybody,

I am new at java, Axis. After I installed Axis1.2RC2 with Tomcat 5.5.4
I successed to create a HelloWorld test web service program.

But javax.servlet.http class is needed. So I download
servlet-2_3-fcs-classfiles.zip from java.sun.com.
Unzip it and copy it to webapps\axis\WEB-INF\classes\

So this make me possible to compile my programs. But
it make me failed to show the deployed services fro IE as
followed.
 http://localhost:8080/axis/servlet/AxisServlet

PS:
If I rename it to javax-ttt or delete it and restart Tomcat, then
the deployed services will be shown correctly.

Any idea to solve it?
Thanks in advance.
Error are given as follows.

(Sorry for the following error messages are in Japanese. Anyway I
just put English under it))

HTTPステータス 500 -
(HTTP Status 500 - )

--------

type 例外レポート
(type eception reports)

メッセージ
(message)

説明 The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from
fulfilling this request.
(decription)

例外
(exception)

javax.servlet.ServletException: クラス
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet はサーブレットではありません
(javax.servlet.ServletException: class is not a servlet)

:105)

org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:1
48)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:82
5)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.
processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:731)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint
.java:526)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollow
erWorkerThread.java:80)

.java:684)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

原因
(Reason)

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet

:105)

org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:1
48)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:82
5)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.
processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:731)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint
.java:526)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollow
erWorkerThread.java:80)

.java:684)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Thanks

RE: javax.servlet.http class

Posted by chu <ch...@bud.co.jp>.
Hi,

Due to the Comcat has included the javax.servlet package
already. So It was solved by adding the following path when
compile. And no extra packages were needed.

In case of Tomcat 5.0:
[folder Tomcat installed]\common\lib\servlet-api.jar

In case of Tomcat 4.0:
[folder Tomcat installed]\common\lib\servlet.jar

And a special thank to Mr. Toshiyuki Kimura who kindly taught
me on these.

Regards