Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/16 19:29:42 UTC

[Axis2] Axis2 release progress (Axis2 1.1)

Hi All,
As per the vote and later postpone message, we are planning to have
the Axis2 1.1 release on 29th September 2006.

 - Release progress of Axis2's dependent projects,
       - Axiom: Already Done
       - XmlSchema : positive, Hopefully in the week starting from 18th Sep.
       - Woden : positive
       - Neethi2 - positive. Please update us about the *progress* of Axis2
integration.
       - Jibx - still no news. Please update us about the progress.

 - Still there are few blockers, and I am sure that we can fix them
before 25th Sep.

 - Need status of certain modules within Axis2. These modules are
currently not part of the nightly build snapshots.
       - JaxWs
       - Jaxbri
       - Jibx
       - Spring

If we do not get satisfactory feedback, I might have to do the release
without the above modules.

I would like to do the code freeze by 25th September. Please give us
your fullest contribution to make this release happen.

Thanks
Thilina

--
http://webservices.apache.org/~thilina/
http://thilinag.blogspot.com/

Re: [Axis2] Axis2 release progress (Axis2 1.1)

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert & Dennis,

Great..
Nice to hear that...

Thanks,
Thilina

On 9/17/06, Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com> wrote:
> Hi Thilina,
>
> I'll get out a JiBX release before 25 September.
>
>   - Dennis
>
> Thilina Gunarathne wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > As per the vote and later postpone message, we are planning to have
> > the Axis2 1.1 release on 29th September 2006.
> >

> > - Release progress of Axis2's dependent projects,
> >       - Axiom: Already Done
> >       - XmlSchema : positive, Hopefully in the week starting from 18th
> > Sep.
> >       - Woden : positive
> >       - Neethi2 - positive. Please update us about the *progress* of
> > Axis2
> > integration.
> >       - Jibx - still no news. Please update us about the progress.
> >

> > - Still there are few blockers, and I am sure that we can fix them
> > before 25th Sep.
> >
> > - Need status of certain modules within Axis2. These modules are
> > currently not part of the nightly build snapshots.
> >       - JaxWs
> >       - Jaxbri
> >       - Jibx
> >       - Spring
> >
> > If we do not get satisfactory feedback, I might have to do the release
> > without the above modules.
> >
> > I would like to do the code freeze by 25th September. Please give us
> > your fullest contribution to make this release happen.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Thilina

"May the SourcE be with u"
http://www.bloglines.com/blog/Thilina

Re: [Axis2] Axis2 release progress (Axis2 1.1)

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
Hi Thilina,

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
I just checked and there is axis2-spring-SNAPSHOT.jar inside the
nightlies. There are unit tests and the code is stable.

Robert

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Thilina,