Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org> on 2002/12/20 12:04:12 UTC

[OT] Lucene search result sorting

Hi!

Sorry for a little bit OT question for Cocoon dev, but I'm too lazy to
subscribe to Lucene mail list to ask a question and I hope there are people
who have good experience with Lucene and could help me.

The question is simple: is it possible to get search results sorted by one
or more search fields? E.g. search documents by keyword and display
resulting top N documents sorted by their creation date. I've searched mail
archives and found some indications that it's somewhere implemented and
possible, but I couldn't find an example or a doc/javadoc on it.

Sorry again for OT question and thanks for any help.

Regards,
  Konstantin