Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Ryan Blue <bl...@apache.org> on 2020/08/11 17:55:43 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.9.1 RC0

Hi everyone,

I propose the following RC to be released as official Apache Iceberg 0.9.1
release.

The commit id is e7c59ec83bba9b2d934ef124d36eabfcdd33f319
* This corresponds to the tag: apache-iceberg-0.9.1-rc0
* https://github.com/apache/iceberg/commits/apache-iceberg-0.9.1-rc0
* https://github.com/apache/iceberg/tree/e7c59ec8

The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/iceberg/apache-iceberg-0.9.1-rc0/

You can find the KEYS file here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/iceberg/KEYS

Convenience binary artifacts are staged in Nexus. The Maven repository URL
is:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheiceberg-1009/

This is a patch release on top of 0.9.0 with several fixes:
* A correctness fix for ORC timestamps before 1 Jan 1970 that were written
by Spark
* A read fix for ORC decimals with precision less than 18
* A fix to support push-down predicates with negated expressions
* Fixes for imports from other shaded Guava locations

For the full list, see the 0.9.x branch:
https://github.com/apache/iceberg/commits/0.9.x

Please download, verify, and test.

Please vote in the next 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Iceberg 0.9.1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this because...

--
Ryan Blue

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.9.1 RC0

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
Just FYI, looks like the 0.9.1 artifacts are available now, but the release
page on the website hasn't been updated yet.

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.9.1 RC0

Posted by Anton Okolnychyi <ao...@apple.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by RD <rd...@gmail.com>.
+1 (Binding)

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding).

Posted by John Zhuge <jz...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

--
John Zhuge

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.9.1 RC0

Posted by Daniel Weeks <dw...@apache.org>.
+1 (Binding)

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.9.1 RC0

Posted by Carl Steinbach <cw...@gmail.com>.
LGTM

Posted by Ryan Murray <ry...@dremio.com>.
1. Verify the signature: OK