Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Daniel F. Savarese" <df...@savarese.org> on 2001/04/27 23:22:51 UTC

Re: bug report handling

>especially when they are incorrectly modified.  In this case, the original
>reporter of the bug went in and changed the status of the bug without
>heeding the bug resolution comment.  The procedure I would recommend

Ok, I keep on putting my foot in my mouth.  Get a little free time and
see what happens ...  Ok, my understanding now is that VERIFIED does
not mean that the bug report has been verified.  It means that the
RESOLUTION of the bug has been verified.  So, in this case, the reporter
of the bug saw the resolution (which indicated the bug was invalid because
there were no capturing parentheses in the regular expression) and verified
that it was correct.  So that was fine, except there was no comment added
to that effect.  I still stick to my immediately previous recommendation.
Apologies to all affected by my rather hasty reactions.

daniel

Re: bug report handling

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 4/27/01 2:22 PM, "Daniel F. Savarese" <df...@savarese.org> wrote:

> Apologies to all affected by my rather hasty reactions.
>
> daniel

I would rather you be hasty than to simply ignore the issue tracker. :-)

-jon