Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Michael McGrady <mi...@michaelmcgrady.com> on 2004/06/04 15:24:58 UTC

Re: Using Image Taglib when J2EE application is inside (an unpacked) war file.

Since there is no browser reference to the gen-images file, there is no URL
to this problem at all and it is simply a question of reading and writing
to jar/war files on the server-side of the equation with a
URI.  Right?  Why is this a difficulty?  I have a real interest in Image
taglib and also think that a resolution of this problem should be carefully
considered before taking steps.

Michael

At 02:44 AM 6/4/2004, Matti Härö wrote:
>Hi,
>
>In some of our services, we have JBoss/Jetty as application server. Jetty does
>not unpack the war file of our application while in startup, like Tomcat does.
>This results in Image Taglib being unable to create a directory
>"gen-images" for
>caching the created, resized image. There is a "dir" attribute for the
>tag, but
>this attribute is handled as relative to the context path, which points,
>again,
>inside the war file. So, using the "dir" attribute does not help with the
>problem. Is there a way to specify absolute directory for image caching, or is
>there another way of being able to use the Image Tag library with environments
>where the war files are never unpacked for execution?
>
>With best regards,
>Matti Härö

LEGAL NOTICE

you