Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Chiron <br...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/23 04:59:56 UTC

is there any way to access the low level implementation?

hi,i am a beginner to felix. it is a great work.
i am trying to embeded felix to a framework, so i need to read some
customized infomation from the bundle. like the annotation marked on
Activator or services or files in the jar.
but i find that with BundleEvent, there is no way to access Activator, not
to mention the jar file.
even i tried to extend Felix, most of the implementation's modifier is
package accessable. which makes it invisible to its sub class!
i know the encapsulation is important, but there should be some inferfaces
exposed, or the emdeded work would not be easily.

or did i miss something? is there any other way?

Re: is there any way to access the low level implementation?

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Chiron <br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,i am a beginner to felix. it is a great work.
> i am trying to embeded felix to a framework, so i need to read some
> customized infomation from the bundle. like the annotation marked on
> Activator or services or files in the jar.

You can get the Bundle representation from the BundleEvent
(event.getBundle()). That has methods like findEntries, getEntry,
getResource, loadClass, etc. I think that is what you are asking for.

regards,

Karl

> but i find that with BundleEvent, there is no way to access Activator, not
> to mention the jar file.
> even i tried to extend Felix, most of the implementation's modifier is
> package accessable. which makes it invisible to its sub class!
> i know the encapsulation is important, but there should be some inferfaces
> exposed, or the emdeded work would not be easily.
>
> or did i miss something? is there any other way?

Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com