Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ignacio de Córdoba <ic...@skios.es> on 2009/06/22 00:55:33 UTC

emptyoption with s:select and Integer values

Hello,
I need to use s:select with emptyoption="true" attribute. it works OK with
Strings but can't make it work with Integers. As empty option generates an
empty string option parameter value, Struts2 seems unable to convert it to a
null value if setter method in the Action is Integer. I get:

ognl.MethodFailedException: Method "setPlaceId" failed for object
com.servengine.pim.EventAdminActions@336f9bc6
[java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: setPlaceId([Ljava.lang.String;)]

(An array of Strings? I am just selecting the empty value... anyway...)

Any ideas or workarrounds. I would like to avoid moving all this type of
properties to String.

Thanks,
Ignacio