Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2019/04/04 12:09:03 UTC

FreeNAS Secondary Storage anyone?

Hi,

Has anyone managed to use FreeNAS for Secondary Storage?
Can't seem to get past the no_root_squash requirement which I can't seem to enable on FreeNAS.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: FreeNAS Secondary Storage anyone?

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Ok, found the problem and bug:

- it seems with NFS v4 everyone and their fuckin dog can mount a share, even with an address not in the exports ACL (input/output errors on everything then on)

- Cloudstack (Adv+SG) uses the guest network instead of the management network to mount the share (most likely a bug) - can't allow the guest network to mount nfs, any user VM could mount it and read/write everything.

Will open a bug report.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
E pur non si muove...

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hi,

Posted by as...@testlabs.com.au.

Posted by Calvin Levy <ca...@wingutechnology.com>.
HI NUX!

I did have this issue some time ago during testing.  Unfortunately, I
did not record the event in my notes.  I believe there are two areas to
address to get past the issue if memory serves me correctly.

1) Under Storage / Pool / Edit Permissions: ACL Type = UNIX; User =
ROOT, Group = WHEEL; Read, Write, and Execute = ALL BOXES CHECKED

2) Under Sharing / NFS / Edit:  All dirs = CHECKED.

That should do it.

Regards,

Calvin Levy

https://wingutechnology.com

On 2019-04-04 08:09 AM, Nux! wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone managed to use FreeNAS for Secondary Storage?
> Can't seem to get past the no_root_squash requirement which I can't seem to enable on FreeNAS.

> Nux!
> www.nux.ro [1]

Links:
------