Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/03 00:08:48 UTC

Re: NPanday needs our attention

Hi,

I've been assigned to shepherd NPanday this month. Last month shepherd
 report was delayed to this month, should I just expand on that? There now
seems to be outside awareness of what state the project is in.

The last report I can find was was back in July and notes there are issues
with failing tests and with the project moving forward and making a
release, this is still the case. The last release was in May 2011.

In the last month there been some activity (started by the last shepherds
actions) and some discussion on the mailing list to what needs to be done
to move forward (including perhaps retiring the project) but no commits or
patches submitted. The last remaining mentor has resigned and the PMC seems
to have gone missing, so currently the project is without the needed number
of mentors and active PMC members.

Thanks,
Justin

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The last report I can find was was back in July and notes there are issues
> with failing tests and with the project moving forward and making a
> release, this is still the case. The last release was in May 2011.
>
> In the last month there been some activity (started by the last shepherds
> actions) and some discussion on the mailing list to what needs to be done
> to move forward (including perhaps retiring the project) but no commits or
> patches submitted. The last remaining mentor has resigned and the PMC seems
> to have gone missing, so currently the project is without the needed number
> of mentors and active PMC members.

The content above already makes for an excellent shepherd review with just a
little rearranging!  Two tidbits, though.  First, Raphael Bircher volunteered
to become a Mentor, so NPanday is not completely without IPMC oversight.
Second, finalizing the shepherd review should probably wait until after the
Wednesday filing deadline so that you can take the report they file into
account.  (Assuming they file one -- if not, that's notable as well).

Marvin Humphrey