Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by les canney <le...@lmco.com> on 2001/08/02 00:06:35 UTC

problems porting to IRIX 6.5

Help!!!!!!!!! I am attempting to port xerces-c to IRIX and am having
problems.  In particular, I get multiply defined symbols and undefined
functions when linking some of the samples.  Any suggestions?
thanks,
Les Canney
Lockheed Martin Corp
Orlando, FL

Re: problems porting to IRIX 6.5

Posted by David Nickerson <d....@auckland.ac.nz>.
Hi Les,

I just checked out the latest code from the CVS repository, and everything
seems to work fine.

simply did:

cd $XERCESCROOT/src
./runConfigure -p irix -c cc -x CC
gmake
cd $XERCESCROOT/samples
./runConfigure -p irix -c cc -x CC
gmake

and then after setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include $XERCESCROOT/lib all the
examples appear to at least run - I have not really tested them.

This is on a SGI Octane running IRIX 6.5.10m with MIPSpro compilers version
7.3.1.2m

There were a few warnings during the compliation, but nothing major.

Hope that helps,
David.