Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com> on 2010/01/20 20:47:48 UTC

new version of IntelliJ IDEA Buildr plug-in is available

There's a new version of the Buildr plug-in available for IDEA version
9x thanks to Steven Blundy who forked my old code on github:

http://github.com/digitalsanctum/buildr-plugin

The plug-in is still very basic so additional contributions are welcome!

-Shane

Re: dzone

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>wrote:

> For better or worse, a distinguishing feature of Buildr remains its ties to
> Ruby.  Ruby is a great language with a rich ecosystem and a lively
> culture.   It can also be perceived as 'another language to learn' or
> 'introducing yet-another language' into a project.  I'd rank these fears as
> our biggest obstacle to popularity.  However, these fears are irrational and
> as a small project I don't think there's much we can do to overcome them.

Related tweet <http://twitter.com/headius/status/8284505695> from Charles
Nutter (headius) today:

I wish Rubyists realized how much energy and time it takes to promote Ruby

Re: dzone

Posted by Martin Grotzke <ma...@javakaffee.de>.
Really cool! You might want to add this to the wiki HowTos:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BUILDR/Buildr+HowTos

Cheers,
Martin

Re: dzone

Posted by Chetan Sarva <cs...@gmail.com>.

Re: dzone

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: dzone

Posted by Chetan Sarva <cs...@gmail.com>.

Re: dzone

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: dzone

Posted by Will Rogers <wj...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> solid.  Whitelisting dependencies has worked very well for many of us on big
> projects and is probably an under-appreciated feature.

What does "whitelisting dependencies" mean?

I have jumped into a project at the deep end and I'm still trying to
familiarize myself with how the Java ecosystem operates, so these
kinds of discussions are very useful to me. Thanks (for the blog too)!

-- Will

AW: dzone

Posted by Klaas Prause <kl...@blau.de>.
If you have an questions about it, just drop me a note. It works like a charm for us but I guess it needs some tweaking for the public. We have covered all of our bases so far.

Klaas

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.

AW: dzone

Posted by Peter Schröder <ps...@blau.de>.