Posted to user@aurora.apache.org by Giulio Eulisse <gi...@cern.ch> on 2016/09/19 15:35:36 UTC

Slowing down (but not killing) low priority jobs

Hi,

we have two sets of jobs which we would like to run, some low priority
long running jobs, and some high priority short running ones. Given we
have enough memory to host both kind of jobs, I would like to simply
throttle (but not kill) the CPU usage of the long running jobs in order
to execute the high priority spike at 99% of the speed and then resume
processing of the long running jobs as before. Is there anything which
allows me to do that in Aurora?

--
Ciao,
Giulio

Re: Slowing down (but not killing) low priority jobs

Posted by Maxim Khutornenko <ma...@apache.org>.
You may find resource oversubscription [1] helpful in this regard.
Throttling (but not killing) revocable tasks is the default Mesos
approach to handling resource pressure.