Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Dave Moore <da...@epals.com> on 2000/06/21 10:31:19 UTC

Apache::PerlVINC making apache kak

Hey,

I've installed Apache::PerlVINC, and PerlModule'd it in my httpd.conf
file. Now whenever I start apache, it doesn't start and logs no errors. I
am using:

Apache 1.3.9
mod_perl 1.24 (compiled as DSO)
Redhat 6.2
Perl 5.005_03

The thing that kaks it is the line 'PerlModule Apache::PerlVINC' in my
config. As soon as I comment this line, everything works. This is the
output through gdb:

[root@artemis bin]# gdb -q httpd
(gdb) b exit
Breakpoint 1 at 0x805b6f4
(gdb) run -X -f /epals/conf/httpd.conf
Starting program: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -X -f /epals/conf/httpd.conf
Breakpoint 1 at 0x4011a1f2: file exit.c, line 40.

0x80a5569 in ap_remove_module ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x80a5569 in ap_remove_module ()
#1  0x80a562f in ap_remove_loaded_module ()
#2  0x805bb3e in unload_module ()
#3  0x80a204e in run_cleanups ()
#4  0x80a087d in ap_clear_pool ()
#5  0x80b0833 in standalone_main ()
#6  0x80b10c3 in main ()
#7  0x401119cb in __libc_start_main (main=0x80b0d8c <main>, argc=4,
    argv=0xbffffad4, init=0x805a854 <_init>, fini=0x80e4d8c <_fini>,
    rtld_fini=0x4000ae60 <_dl_fini>, stack_end=0xbffffacc)
    at ../sysdeps/generic/libc-start.c:92
(gdb)

I dont know my ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to C, but if I
had to guess, I'd say that the problem lies in Apache. ap_remove_module()
is a function of apache (in http_config.c to be anal), but I can't figure
out what it's trying to remove. (PerlVINC or mod_perl.so) I don't see why
it would want to remove either but then again, I dont know much about
much.

I also noticed someone else on the list (Kees Vonk) have a problem similar
to this when he upgraded from Apache 1.3.6 to 1.3.9. His bt was totally
different but maybe thats because he was using SSL.

I'm really stuck here. Literally. I can't move on until this problem is
solved, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

dave
----
Dave Moore
Web Application Developer
mailto:dave@epals.com

ePALS Classroom Exchange
http://www.epals.com/
The world's largest online classroom community -
Connecting over 27,000 classrooms in 130 countries!

RE: Apache::PerlVINC making apache kak

Posted by Vivek Khera <kh...@kciLink.com>.

IM> You might start by staticly linking mod_perl.  DSOs are evil.

I disagree.  DSOs are exceptionally useful.

RE: Apache::PerlVINC making apache kak

Posted by Ian Mahuron <ia...@dmi.net>.

Posted by Dave Moore <da...@epals.com>.