Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Werno <pe...@werno.com> on 2002/07/01 09:18:48 UTC

Configuring SSL with Client Certs

Hello List,

I am new to this list, so this question was probably asked before...

I have configured tomcat 4.0.4 to handle SSL requests on Port 8443.
The "usual" SSL stuff works fine.
However, as soon as I set "clientAuth="true"', It stops working. IE
shows an error-page, Netscape pops up a window saying "Cannot connect
to ...servername..., a unknown SSL-Error (-12227) occurred"

Has anyone run into this before? Is there a workaround?

Many thanks for your help,

Peter Werno

Re: Configuring SSL with Client Certs

Posted by Peter Werno <pe...@werno.com>.
Some more info in addition to my previous post:

When accessing the ssl-port, NONE of the log-files change. However,
the initial part of the handshake (i.e. the Server Cert) seems to be
transmitted fine (I get the "please confirm certificate" window in the
browsers), but it seems to fail later on when it *should* ask for the
client cert.

Regards,

Peter