Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Li Tao <ah...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/07 03:43:43 UTC

Re: Best practices for producer

For producer, there is no need to know zookeeper servers to produce
messages.

For consumer, it was necessary to connect zookeeper to consume messages,
because previously the offsets value were
stored by zookeeper, consumer need to know the offsets value to read
message from kafka brokers. Newest version of consumer has no such
limitation, the offsets are stored in kafka broker.