Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com> on 2012/06/04 12:49:36 UTC

Using jetty instead of tomcat

I can't find any documentation on switching from tomcat to jetty. Is
it as simple as just uncommenting the jetty line in
framework/component-load.xml?

Do I need to comment anything?

How can I tell that jetty is running?

Thanks to Joe for keeping the jetty stuff up-to-date. I see that you
made a commit just back in March.

-Al

Re: Using jetty instead of tomcat

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Al,

If you don't expect to use it much an easier way would be to add your changes (paragrah) in a comment at the bottom of the page (the
same editor is used) and then I will update it.
For the FAQ it's open to everyone, but yes I guess the best place is the production guide

Thanks

Jacques

From: "Al Byers" <by...@automationgroups.com>

Posted by Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com>.
Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Al, Joe,

From: "Al Byers" <by...@automationgroups.com>

Posted by Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com>.
I think things have changed in the later versions of OFBiz. See below:

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com> wrote:
> I got this from Joe Eckard and think it is worth sharing for anyone
> else coming along. Thanks Joe.
>
> Switching to jetty and back is easy & painless - first you need to
> edit /framework/component-load.xml to make sure the jetty component is
> active and the catalina component is disabled.
This part was easy enough.

>Then you need to make
> sure the jetty config is available - you can do that by copying the
> "jetty-container" section from jetty.properties into ofbiz.properties,
> or copy jetty.properties to ofbiz.properties in framework/base/config,

What I ended up doing was modifying the "start.properties" file with
these lines:

# --- Location (relative to ofbiz.home) for (normal) container configuration
#ofbiz.container.config=framework/base/config/ofbiz-containers.xml
ofbiz.container.config=framework/base/config/jetty-containers.xml

Note the second line was already commented out. There is a default
parameter in Start.java pointing to ofbiz-containers.
Then I rebuilt the start package and things seemed to work.

-Al

Posted by Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com>.

Posted by Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com>.
Thanks for the reply, but what does it mean to:

Use "framework/base/config/jetty-containers.xml" instead of
"framework/base/config/ofbiz-containers.xml".

How do I turn one on and the other off?

-Al

Posted by mohd Viqar <mh...@gmail.com>.