Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Daniel Berlin <db...@dberlin.org> on 2005/11/16 01:44:43 UTC

Attention: Rolling 1.3.0 rc3 in 24-36h

If you have changes, now would be the time to put them in STATUS.

Although, if you do that, we will kill you, so make sure it's worth it.

--Dan

Re: Attention: Rolling 1.3.0 rc3 in 24-36h

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
David James <ja...@cs.toronto.edu> writes:
> On 11/15/05, Daniel Berlin <db...@dberlin.org> wrote:
> > If you have changes, now would be the time to put them in STATUS.

I just added r17358 to STATUS:

  * r17358  (Issue #2423)
    mod_dav_svn should escape paths with ":" in their names for browsing
    Justification: Theoretical exploit possible, though none reported.
    Votes:
      +1: kfogel

I wouldn't be heartbroken if it were moved into 1.3.1 instead of
1.3.0.  I only put it in 1.3.0 first because of the (theoretical)
exploit possibility.  Thanks to Michael Sinz for bringing the issue to
my attention, by the way.

-Karl

Re: Attention: Rolling 1.3.0 rc3 in 24-36h

Posted by David James <ja...@cs.toronto.edu>.
On 11/16/05, David James <ja...@cs.toronto.edu> wrote:
> On 11/15/05, Daniel Berlin <db...@dberlin.org> wrote:
> > If you have changes, now would be the time to put them in STATUS.
>
> It turns out that we'll need one more critical fix before we roll
> 1.3.0rc3. r17401 cleans up the SWIG build system so that we no longer
> depend on timestamps to determine whether users of our release
> tarballs need to regenerate our SWIG files. Instead, we ask users to
> switch to non-release mode if they wish to regenerate SWIG files
> automatically.
[...]
> Folks, the time is ripe for reviewing!

Garrett Rooney, Daniel Berlin and I approved r17401 and merged it to
the 1.3.x branch yesterday evening. So, 1.3.x RC3 is now ready to
roll!

Cheers,

David

--
David James -- http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~james

Re: Attention: Rolling 1.3.0 rc3 in 24-36h

Posted by David James <ja...@cs.toronto.edu>.
On 11/15/05, Daniel Berlin <db...@dberlin.org> wrote:
> If you have changes, now would be the time to put them in STATUS.

It turns out that we'll need one more critical fix before we roll
1.3.0rc3. r17401 cleans up the SWIG build system so that we no longer
depend on timestamps to determine whether users of our release
tarballs need to regenerate our SWIG files. Instead, we ask users to
switch to non-release mode if they wish to regenerate SWIG files
automatically.

  * r17401
    Only regenerate SWIG files based on timestamps when we are in
    non-release mode.
    Justification:
      Prior to r17401, Subversion regenerated the SWIG files if 'make'
      determined that the SWIG files were out of date, based on their
      timestamps. This caused the SWIG files to be incorrectly
      regenerated if the exact timestamps from the tarball were not
      preserved. Thanks to r17401, we now only regenerate SWIG files
      based on timestamps when we are in non-release mode.

Folks, the time is ripe for reviewing!

Best,

David

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.

Re: Attention: Rolling 1.3.0 rc3 in 24-36h

Posted by Daniel Berlin <db...@dberlin.org>.
On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 20:44 -0500, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> If you have changes, now would be the time to put them in STATUS.
>
> Although, if you do that, we will kill you, so make sure it's worth it.

Just to be clear, Garrett Rooney will be doing the killing.

I have to keep my hands clean, and all that.

--Dan