Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by "Sriram Narayan (CTS)" <Sr...@PUN.CTS-CORP.COM> on 2000/11/24 10:18:45 UTC

jakarta taglib - request tag

hi
Is this the right place to post problems faced while trying to use the
jakarta taglibs?
If so, then i am facing the following problem with the request tag. My jsp
compiler complains about the absence of a set method for attribute 'name' of
tag 'HeaderValues'.
The setter method is indeed not present. Is it a bug?

<trace>
D:\jakarta\jakarta-taglibs\request>java weblogic.jspc -docroot . -d .
-contextPa
th . -verbose -classpath .\WEB-INF\lib\request.jar request.jsp
[jspc] parsing D:\jakarta\jakarta-taglibs\request\request.jsp:
(line -1): Error in tag library at: 'req': The Tag class
'org.apache.taglibs.req
uest.HeaderValuesTag' has no setter method  corresponding to TLD declared
attrib
ute 'name', (JSP 1.1 spec, 5.4.1)
</trace>

thanks
sriram
Cognizant Technology Solutions - Pune.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in
reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

		Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

Re: jakarta taglib - request tag

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
Yes, this is the place.

The request.tld had a deprecated tag attribute of "name" defined for
both the headervalues and parametervalues tags.  I have removed those
from the TLD and committed it.  So it should be fixed right now in
CVS, and the nightly build with these fixes should be available
for download tomorrow.

Bottom line, the "name" attribute for both the headervalues and
parametervalues tags is deprecated and no longer available.

Thanks for reporting this.

Regards,

Glenn