Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/11 03:04:25 UTC

Divide and Conquer on Jakarta EE 9.1 TCK (was Re: TCK - yet another milestone passed)

> On Apr 8, 2021, at 11:52 PM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com> wrote:
>
> Over the night, we went under 100 failures.
> 197 last week, 86 this week
>
> We are getting so close to the certification.
> As said already, the last failures are usually harder to fix and take more
> time.
>
> Help and contributions are still welcome.
> If you feel you want to be part of the fun .... Let us know we can help you
> get started.

Such incredible progress!  With 86 failures remaining and roughly 20 days left in April, we're making the kind of progress we need to keep hope we could be certified in time for the Jakarta EE 9.1 release.

In an effort to make it more realistic for us all to divide and conquer on the remaining failures without the risk of stepping each other's toes, I've created the following issue that has 86 subtasks -- one for each failing test.

 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-3140

Anyone is welcome to assign one of those tasks to yourself.  If you get stuck or want to switch tasks, no worries, just un assign it from yourself and it'll be open for anyone else to take.

Do not worry about "getting in the way."  Feel free to grab a test and flood the list with even the most basic questions, it's really ok.  Truly, any help at this stage is critical.  Even just updating the JIRA with information about what the test is testing is incredibly valuable.

If we had say 3-4 people who normally do doc contributions shift away and help do the initial research on what the poorly document test is looking for, we could then have the those of us who are more familiar with the TomEE internals a bit more freed up for actual fixes.  It could be a very good system.

I'll also say, it's at this phase where people people get the kind of expert level knowledge only the spec creators have.

If you're here hoping to gain experience, this is the time to jump in.

-David

Re: Divide and Conquer on Jakarta EE 9.1 TCK (was Re: TCK - yet another milestone passed)

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
FYI, I'm on ASF Slack.  If anyone wants TCK help, come ask:

 - https://the-asf.slack.com/archives/CGN2PPR55

I *think* the above is the right link the channel.  If not it's https://the-asf.slack.com and channel #tomee

I'll try to be online there more regularly so those who want to help with the TCK can get some real-time feedback.

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.