Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2019/04/26 07:37:11 UTC

Anyone tried out maven-profiledep-extension?

Hi,

in the PLC4X project we are more and more facing the challenge of having non-java modules in our build.
The build itself is working nicely and seems to be working like a charm on Mac, Linux and Windows.
In order to not overload the casual user with too much build time, setting up etc. we defined profiles:

  *   with-cpp
  *   with-python
  *   with-proxy

The problem is, that now in order to build the proxies we need one module enabled, which is included in the with-cpp profile.
I know there’s no activation of profiles if another profile is enabled and I don’t quite like the property-based activation.

Now I came across this little project here:
https://github.com/sviperll/ozymandias/tree/master/maven-profiledep-extension

And it looks as if it would solve exactly the types of problems we are facing.

Has anyone tried it? What was the experience with it? Are there any alternatives?

Feedback greatly appreciated :-)

Chris