Posted to dev@linkis.apache.org by Zhen Wang <wa...@apache.org> on 2023/09/12 02:30:15 UTC

[NOTICE][DRAFT] Apache Linkis ASF Board Report - September2023

Hello Apache Linkis PPMC and Community,
    I drafted the Apache Linkis ASF Board Report for September2023,
please help me to check it and reply directly if you have any
questions.

---
The mission of Apache Linkis is the creation and maintenance of software
related to a distributed computation middleware to facilitate connection,
governance and orchestration between the upper applications and the underlying
data engines

## Project Status:
Current project status: New
Issues for the board: There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache Linkis was founded 2022-12-21 (9 months ago)
There are currently 35 committers and 24 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 3:2.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Chen Xia on 2023-02-06.
- No new committers. Last addition was Fei Guo on 2023-05-31.

## Project Activity:
Apache Linkis released version 1.4.0 on August 6th. This version involved
more than 26 contributors, including 10 new contributors (currently: 150),
and contained over 34 new features. Apache Linkis 1.5.0 are currently
under development.

Software development activity:
We released 1.4.0 last month.At this time, we are currently developing 1.5.0
and have completed most of the features. This version mainly contains some
new features:
- Entrance supports task HA (running task support is taken over).
- Support task submission to the K8S cluster.
- Support spark job to K8S cluster using operator.
- Support Nacos.
- Entrance supports Orchestrator pluggable.
- The once-mode task supports recording information through the entrance.
- The data source module supports data source SQL generation and supports more
data sources with the Spark ETL function.
- Spring Cloud gateway upgrade version, spring boot upgrade version.
- Monitor service added.
- Add task positioning troubleshooting script.
- Support user engine template parameter support.

Meetups and Conferences:
- At the CommunityOverCode Asia 2023, Linkis community shared three topics,
respectively from three companies, Postal Savings Bank of China, Li Auto,
and WeBank.

## Community Health:
Overall community health is good.
- 161 PRs closed on GitHub, past quarter.
- 146 issues closed on GitHub, past quarter

Kind Regards,
Zhen Wang

Re: [NOTICE][DRAFT] Apache Linkis ASF Board Report - September2023

Posted by Zhen Wang <wa...@apache.org>.
Thanks, it is a good point, I added a space before `At this time`.

---

king hao <ki...@gmail.com> 于2023年9月12日周二 17:07写道:

Posted by king hao <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zhen Wang <wa...@apache.org>.