Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Siddharth Anand <sa...@agari.com.INVALID> on 2016/03/17 01:28:38 UTC

[PROPOSAL] : Airflow

https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/AirflowProposal

Thoughts and comments are welcome!
-s (Sid)

Re: [PROPOSAL] : Airflow

Posted by Siddharth Anand <sa...@agari.com.INVALID>.
Hi Stian,
Thanks for the feedback. We are committed to moving towards Apache
community-friendly licensing as documented on
http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x

I've added this to our Roadmap:
https://github.com/airbnb/airflow/wiki/Roadmap and I expect to tackle it
during the incubation phase.

Regarding our Google group - yes. We will move to the
dev@airflow.incubator.apache.org mailing list.  We currently have *258
members*, with about 10 new members being added daily! If you have any
thoughts on how to make that transition more amenable to our community,
they are welcome. For one, the google group offers more functionality than
the old-style mailing lists. I don't mind moving. I would like to keep the
old group's messages searchable and provide an announcement feature to
point people to the Apache mailing list so they know where to go next if
they land on the Google group. Some threads will unfortunately be
decapitated, but we can provide a few months' time for our users to
transition to the Apache mailing lists, wrapping up topic threads or
copying them over.  We will also need to stop accepting new members and
posts in the existing group, but I think that is pretty simple to do.

Thanks for the heads up on CWL and Taverna. We will definitely look into
both. On our side, our user base is growing faster than we can keep up.
Hence, we are investing in growing the committer base and documentation,
and in leveraging processes in order to better meet the growing needs of
our community. We hope to reduce turn-around time on PR reviews/merges,
time between releases, bringing new developers on board, and converting
contributors to committers.

-s

Re: [PROPOSAL] : Airflow

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.