Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Rainer Worbis <wo...@nextra.at> on 2000/08/30 15:26:48 UTC

Tomcat cuts of my servlet output

Sometimes (about every 20´th call of an servlet to get some data) tomcat
cuts of half of the string passed to
the HttpServletResponse.getWriter().println(s). If i show the String
imediately before i pass it to tomcat on the console i get the whole string,
in my browser (IE 5.0, Netscape, Opera) i it gets cut.
Has anyone expirienced this problem or even solved it ?
I´m using tomcat 3.1 on win32 (Win98)

Thank´s Rainer

Re: Tomcat & Apache /servlet vs /servlets

Posted by Slava <sv...@onlineoffice.com>.
"Ross L. Wayland" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been using JServ for some time, but I'm  a newbie to tomcat and was hoping
> someone could provide me with some pointers. I have two applications which have
> a servlet URL embedded in the code. One application requires the servlet URL
> path to appear as:
>
>     http://foo.domain/servlet/MyServlet
>
> The other as:
>
>     http://foo.domain/servlets/MyOtherServlet
>
> With JServ, I can just map these to two distinct servlet zones as:
>
>     ApJServMount /servlet /app1
>     ApJServMount /servlets /app2
>
> Can you do something similar with tomcat? I can get one or the other to work but
> not both together by:
>
>     ApJServMount /servlet /app1
>
> and setting context in server.xml to:
>
>     <Context path="" docBase="webapps/app1" debug="0" reloadable="true" >
>
> This works for http://foo.domain/servlet/MyServlet. One way I've discovered to
> make it work for /servlets is to change the servlet mapping in the deployment
> descriptor(web.xml) from /servlet/* to /servlets/* but this appears to be a
> global change for the servlet named "invoker".
>
> I'd appreciate any pointers. thanks.
>
> Ross

Ross, can you  send me detailed changes you made to make tomcat work  as

http://mydomain.com/servlets/MyServlet  as defalt I have
http://mysqdomain.com/servlet/Myservlet

I desperately  trying it , but no result.
I need changes for httpd.conf
web.xml and  any.

Slava.

Tomcat & Apache /servlet vs /servlets

Posted by "Ross L. Wayland" <rl...@virginia.edu>.
Hi,

[...]

Ross Wayland
Email: rlw@virginia.edu                  University of Virginia
Phone: 804-924-0746                    Alderman Library - Systems Office
FAX:   804-924-1431                    Charlottesville, VA 22903-2498