Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Timothy G. Wesemann" <ti...@voicenet.com> on 2002/03/25 20:42:21 UTC

Apache 1.3.22 + MS FPx 5

Hello,

Is anyone aware of some good documentation on implementing MS FP 2002 extensions (v.5)? I`ve tried everything and really haven`t been able to find any good documentation. I must have compiled at least 10 different ways now, and now I have the following compiled in after configuring with ATB.

Apache/1.3.23 (Unix) PHP/4.1.2 mod_fastcgi/2.2.10 FrontPage/5.0.2.2510 mod_perl/1.26 mod_ssl/2.8.6 OpenSSL/0.9.6b

I`d also very much like to hear miscellaneous advice/opinions from anyone who has successfully set this up (i.e. how well dies it work with name-based virtualhosts etc.?). At this point I`m not too concerned about all of the other third-party mods except for mod_frontpage.

Thank You.

--
timuel

Re: Apache 1.3.22 + MS FPx 5

Posted by Frank Reichenbacher <fr...@mollynet.com>.
Tim,

I have two words: never use Ready-to-Run (www.rtr.com), their patches and
docs are shit.

OK, that was more than two words.

Having said that, however, if you have it successfully compiled, then what's
the problem?

I successfully set up Apache 1.3.23, FP 5.0, mod_ssl and mod_frontpage using
Apache Toolbox, www.apachetoolbox.com. That site has the best most pertinent
users forum.

It works with name-based hosts. I have a single IP address and several
virtual hosts, including one frontpage host on port 443. I am having a
problem with opening the SSL host in the FP client because it doesn't like
my self-signed certificate. Haven't gotten around that one yet. Everything
else works fine, including CGI and suexec.

Frank