Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/08 17:41:42 UTC

Where can I start ?

Hi all,

I has used Pig for several months. And now I am very interested in Hive, and
would like to investigate Hive and compare these two amazing products.

Also I hope I can contribute to Hive. And when I learn Pig, I always write a
pig script, and debug it in local mode, then I can see the internal
mechanisms, but it looks like Hive do not have straight Java API like Pig.
So How can I learn Hive as a developer not as an user ? Could anyone give me
some suggestions ?

Thank you.

Jeff zhang