Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benjamin Marwell <bm...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/03 10:08:33 UTC

maven-ear-plugin: Cannot copy a directory

Hi all,

since today my ear-plugin configuration does not work anymore and
stops with an exception.

I pull in a dependency (type war) from another module in the same
reactor. I also pull the same dependency in again with a classifier
and another type to be used with the maven-assembly-plugin.

Anyway, maven-ear-plugin does not try to pull in the war file, but the
target/classes directory instead:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ear-plugin:3.0.1:ear (default-ear) on
project ear: Cannot copy a directory:
$HOME/svn/project/web/ui-v2/target/classes; Did you package/install
project:webui-v2:war:1.4.0-SNAPSHOT:compile? -> [Help 1]

As I am using verify as goal. I checked that both the packages were
created in the referenced module.

Any ideas where to look next?

Thanks,
Ben

Re: maven-ear-plugin: Cannot copy a directory

Posted by Benjamin Marwell <bm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think I found the reason.

In the verify phase, I am executing errorprone, which uses the
maven-compiler-plugin.

Although I compile to target/classes-ep (instead of target/classes),
somehow this seems to un-append artifacts.

I think that the execution of an addition compilation should not
un-append artifacts from the project build, should it?

Ben