Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com> on 2003/10/17 14:24:42 UTC

Re: [newbie] JSTL using different ResourceBundles

On 10/17/2003 12:16 PM Christian Martin wrote:

> <code>
>  <message-resources parameter="countries" />
>  <message-resources parameter="states" />
> </code>
> .....in struts-config.xml
>
> then i want to print out messsages in the jsp.
>
> <code>
>  <fmt:message bundle="${countries}" key="message.test">
>  <fmt:message bundle="${states}" key="message.test">
> </code>
>
> what is the correct value for parameter bundle?
>
> but as i expected JSTL can't find the messages. ???message.test???
> appears in the browser.

The ${countries} and ${states} won't be available as variables to EL in
your JSP just because you have them set up in your struts-config.

If you do:

<c:out value="${countries}" />

what do you get?

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.12 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9

Re: [newbie] JSTL using different ResourceBundles

Posted by Christian Martin <ch...@joanneum.at>.
nothing.
are they available in any scope (request, session ...), if i set up the
variables in struts-config?
i believe i can answer the question for my own. they are not available
in any scope, because the EL searches in every scope for the variable.
am i right?
where does <bean:message bundle="test" key="message.test" ... /> get the
bundle from?
by the way <bean:message .....> doesn't find the bundle either.
following error occurs:

<error>
  javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find message resources under key test
</error>
what am i doing wrong i have test.properties on my classpath
and
<code>
 <message-resources parameter="test" />
</code>
in struts-config?

thanks in advance

student working on a struts projekt during internship