Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/28 18:09:55 UTC

servicemix and jmx

I am planning on looking into the JMX functionality in Servicemix to see
what kinds of things I can do in regards to configuring a service unit.
There is a specific thing that I would like to do and I'm curious if anyone
has done it before.  Let's say I create a ServiceEngine and deploy a Service
Unit to it.  Then I want to configure the service unit by setting some
custom properties on it at runtime using JMX.  Is it possible to then save
those custom properties to the xbean.xml configuration and therefore
overwrite the default properties that were specified in it during deployment
of the SU?  I didn't remember seeing anything like that the last time I
looked at the JMX docs so wasn't sure if anyone knew of any examples
anywhere of doing that sort of thing?

Thanks!
Ryan

Re: servicemix and jmx

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
Cool, thanks.  I just found a post that sounded similar to mine, which
Guillaume answered to take a look at servicemix-http, so I'll take a look at
that as well as the client.  I was just about to experiment with creating a
client project for connecting to Servicemix JMX.  This will be really
helpful.

Thanks!
Ryan

Re: servicemix and jmx