Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@samsung.com> on 2016/08/10 01:38:50 UTC

Question about some library dependencies.

Hi,

In HORN podling, we consider about using Aparapi, a Java-to-OpenCL
conversion tool from AMD [1] for support SIMD and GPUs.

I wonder whether aparapi.jar and native libaparapi.so binary files can be
included in Apache release tarball.

Thanks!

1. https://github.com/aparapi/aparapi/blob/master/LICENSE.TXT#L14

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon

Re: Question about some library dependencies.

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 6:47 PM, John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org> wrote:
> This appears to be BSD 3 clause, which is OK.
>
> https://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause
>
> Best is to check on legal-discuss, as the highlighted section is different:
> https://github.com/aparapi/aparapi/blob/master/LICENSE.TXT#L25

Yes, bring this up on legal-discuss or open a LEGAL Jira.  We should
definitely discuss that extra section -- with the addition, this
license is no longer BSD-3-clause.

Marvin Humphrey

Re: Question about some library dependencies.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
This appears to be BSD 3 clause, which is OK.

https://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause

Best is to check on legal-discuss, as the highlighted section is different:
https://github.com/aparapi/aparapi/blob/master/LICENSE.TXT#L25

John