Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Fraser Adams <fr...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2012/02/10 15:59:18 UTC

Tool to log connection information

Hi all,
I've had cause to write a tool to log connection information so I
thought I'd share it.

It's nothing special, it recovers all of the QMF connection objects and
logs some of the more useful properties.

It also figures out the sessions associated with each connection and
subscriptions associated with each session.

I wanted to work out which connections related to producers in my set up
and the only way I could figure out to do that was to find subscriptions
related to the connection, If a connection has no subscriptions then
assuming it's not in an intermediate state it's quite likely to be a
connection from a message producer.

Because you can't work out connections associated with exchanges (I
think that's something to do with how AMQP itself works) I believe that
the only way one can identify connections from producers is in this
somewhat empirical way (unless anyone has a better idea).

Hope this is useful.

Sergey, this little program will also give you information about headers
exchange bindings.
Cheers,
Frase