Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "David B. Bitton" <da...@codenoevil.com> on 2002/04/03 16:53:19 UTC

Multithreaded failure

List,
    I am in need of some assistance.  I am succesful in setting up, testing,
and running my class as a SOAP service.  I am now starting the process of
stress testing.  When I turn up the thread count on my testing tool (to 2),
my SOAP services starts to fail.

    From the stacktraces I'm getting, it appears than a Xalan XSL transform
is failing.  I followed the note about multithreading the from the Xalan
site, and I'm getting my transformer from a Templates object, but it still
fails.  Does Tomcat 4/SOAP 2.2 run each instance of my class independently?
I am not spawning any new threads from my class (or at least I don't think
so).  The results of the transform are passed as SAX events into Apache FOP.

    Can someone lend some insite into this problem?

--

David B. Bitton
david@codenoevil.com

Code Made Fresh DailyT