Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org> on 2008/11/07 10:23:14 UTC

Issue with unit test..

Andreas
> The assertion can only be reached after the message has been received
> by the endpoint. The weird thing is that the assertion just before
> checks that the messagesSent metric has increased and that check
> doesn't fail. I tried yesterday to figure out what could cause that
> behavior, but I don't have a clue yet.

Hmm.. you are right..
> The testkit actually records a large amount of debugging information.
> That information should be accessible in Hudson's workspace, but since
> I don't have an account, I can't access it.
If you can point me to what exactly is needed, I can look for it.. but
generally the console output maybe helpful too, I have attached what was
generated by the last build to the email
>  I was planning to modify the pom.xml for the synapse-transport module so that it attaches a ZIP
> with these logs (in a Maven profile that would only be activated on
> the build server). This would give anybody the opportunity to download
> them from Hudson for inspection.

This would be good..

asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera
http://adroitlogic.org

http://esbmagic.blogspot.com

Re: Issue with unit test..

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
Andreas
> There are actually three issues with the HTTP tests:
>
> 1. The "no increase in bytes sent" problem. No indication yet what
> could cause this.
> 2. Sporadic test failures. These are known for quite some time and are
> related to a bug in the transport. See [1].
> 3. A systematic failure in one of the REST test cases. This is a
> regression caused by the upgrade to httpcore 4.0-beta3. See
> SYNAPSE-479 for more details.
>
> Note that the symptoms of problems 2 and 3 are quite similar.

Thanks.. I will take a close look at the possible causes..

asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera
http://adroitlogic.org