Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Sudharshan Pollapally <po...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/15 21:53:09 UTC

stripping all empty elements

HI,
  Are there any options available to strip all empty elements using
xmlText(XmlOptions ) ? I am trying to avoid going through an extra xslt
transformation step to remove the empty elements.

Thanks for the help,
Sudharshan

RE: stripping all empty elements

Posted by Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <ra...@oracle.com>.
Sudharshan,

This is a requirement to change the document (the infoset); XMLBeans doesn't really have out-of-the-box XML transformations, but it gives you the tools to implement them yourself. You can write a method to walk a document with XmlCursor and perform this transformation.

Radu