Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Tamas Palagyi <ta...@ge.com> on 2009/02/19 18:58:23 UTC

using request_rec of another request

Hello,

What I am trying to achieve is the following: Two HTTP requests
are coming in to apache from client A and B.

I would like to do forwarding between these two clients.

Now I can imagine it only with using another socket between the two
apache processes (I use the prefork mpm) serving these two requests.

Here comes my question: Is there a way to pass a request_rec of one
apache process (serving this request) to another one that could start
using it, reading from its own request_rec and writing to this
received one?

I know, it sounds strange, but my particular aim - forwarding
between two clients - this would be the most efficient. Using another
socket between the two apache processes would cause 3x as much work
(buffer copies) as it would be with one request handler using
two request_recs.

Thanks in advance,

Tamas

ps: I am using ap_get_brigade/ ap_pass_brigade for IO with the clients.