Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Pascal Leclercq <pa...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/06 14:47:25 UTC

Best way to publish WDSL / SOAP user friendly documentation.

Hi,

we do have quite a lot of Webservices and we would like to publish user
friendly infos on each of them.

So far, we use ServletController.generateServiceList() but It doesn't
display  http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl#_documentation in the WSDLs.

We could customize org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController to
display more content (as suggested in an earlier thread) but before doing
so I would like to know if there is a better solution.

As alternative could be http://code.google.com/p/wsdl-viewer/ but the
project looks like pretty much dead...

Any suggestion would be pretty much appreciated.

Thanks

--
Pascal Leclercq

Re: Best way to publish WDSL / SOAP user friendly documentation.

Posted by Pascal Leclercq <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

we used enunciate and I'm quite happy of what we get.

We use the maven plugin so we can generate html content during the build
process.

I can say It works very well now.

We also tried https://github.com/pavel-zeman/WSDLDoc with quite a lot of
success. It's simpler but so far there's no maven plugin.

Best regards.

Posted by Pascal Leclercq <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pascal Leclercq <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

no we use WSDL first Web Services.

I suspect @WSDLDocumentation to have somehow the same effect as
http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl#_documentation.

We would like to display this documentation with the WSDL in a user
friendly format. Pretty much lika a javadoc would do for java Code.

Pascal

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp

RE: Best way to publish WDSL / SOAP user friendly documentation.

Posted by "Hart, Andrew B." <AH...@Akimeka.com>.
XMLSpy can generate documentation from a WSDL.
http://www.altova.com/xmlspy.html