Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org> on 2016/02/03 17:11:57 UTC

Jackrabbit 2.12.0 release plan

Good afternoon devs,

we're getting closer to release a new stable version of Oak: 1.4.0.

Currently in trunk we include Jackrabbit 2.11.3 as a dependency.
Therefore I'd like to perform the following on the next Monday: 8th
February 2016. More or less 10am GMT.

- branch out jackrabbit 2.12
- release 2.12.0
- move the jackrabbit unstable to 2.13

on the oak side, will include 2.12.0 as soon as it will be public.

There are currently no blockers for 2.11.4 which means they could move
to 2.13.0.

If you see any of these issues to be included in Oak 1.4 and think it
will be a major change in API, let's get them sorted out before the
branching.

Any concerns about this? I will proceed if I won't hear otherwise.

Cheers
Davide

Re: Jackrabbit 2.12.0 release plan

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.
the build is green again.

Thanks Julian and Manfred for the cooperation. Will start branching and
releasing in minutes.

Cheers
Davide

[blocked] Re: Jackrabbit 2.12.0 release plan

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.
Team,

in the process of branching and releasing I encountered a systematic
test failure

If you have any insight, please provide on the ticket or ping me on chat
to speed things up.

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.
On 03/02/2016 16:11, Davide Giannella wrote:
> Good afternoon devs,
>
> we're getting closer to release a new stable version of Oak: 1.4.0.
>
> Currently in trunk we include Jackrabbit 2.11.3 as a dependency.
> Therefore I'd like to perform the following on the next Monday: 8th
> February 2016. More or less 10am GMT.
>
> - branch out jackrabbit 2.12
> - release 2.12.0
> - move the jackrabbit unstable to 2.13

Team, kind reminder. If no objections I will branch and release

Today at ±2pm GMT.

Cheers
Davide