Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2014/11/12 15:28:52 UTC

[DISCUSS] Releasing BlazsDS?

Hi guys,

I needed something practical for a change, thats why I investigated the problems in the BlazeDS testsuite.

It turned out to be a timing problem in starting the dummy server and trying to connect to that. This only seems to have an effect on Linux based systems (Linux/Mac). Now the testsuite is green on the Apache Jenkins and I think we should be ready to do a release.

Now I would like to ask you guys if there is anything preventing us from releasing BlazeDS ... I know the old releases of BlazeDS contained some turnkey appliances, but couldn't we release these separately? After all Adobe must have given up on these anyway as they haven't maintained their builds for a pretty long time and the only place they were working on seems to have been the Maven-built core. Getting these appliances in a releasable state seems pretty tricky. Actually I would vote to re-write these instead of trying to get the old junk running again. I know there seem to be some people actually using the applicances, but to me it's sort of like building on online shop on top of the PetShop demo application in the JDK. I always thought of it as a demo. At least it's not anything that should be preventing us from releasing.

If we were able to release BlazeDS (core) we could finally remove one of those problematic dependencies from the installer.

Chris

Re: [DISCUSS] Releasing BlazsDS?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I added last successful artifacts to the build script and started another
build so we can see what we have.  IMO, we should try pointing the SDK
nightly build to use that BlazeDS jar.

-Alex