Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by JaneGu <13...@qq.com> on 2018/04/10 14:30:23 UTC

How to delete the message of visual topic?

I created one visual topic and did not create any queue. I configured the
leveldb in activemq.xml. Then the producer sent some messages into the
topic.  As what I understand, the message will not be deleted until they are
consumed. So how can I delete the message manually. If I do not delete the
message, what will happen.

Re: How to delete the message of visual topic?

Posted by JaneGu <13...@qq.com>.
Thank you very much!
The broker is not configured to delete the inactive destination. At last, we
deleted code of producer in one version, then deleted the visual topic.

Re: How to delete the message of visual topic?

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
If you didn't create any queues, the message won't be kept. You'd only hit
problems if you had created a queue but then never consumed the messages
from it.

It's possible to configure a timeout after which inactive destinations will
be deleted, if you were interested in that.
http://activemq.apache.org/delete-inactive-destinations.html has details if
you're interested.

Tim