Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Davor Bonaci <da...@google.com.INVALID> on 2016/03/24 06:26:40 UTC

[HEADS UP] Directory reorganization

Hi everyone,
We pushed a pull request [1] that somewhat reorganizes directories in the
repository. This is the first step towards the organization proposed in the
document we shared a few weeks ago. Also, JB's pull request [2] changing
Maven coordinates got merged too.

I apologize for the unfortunate impact to the pending PRs.

We pushed it quickly to avoid complicated merges later on. This shouldn't
prevent feedback -- please keep it coming -- we'll address such feedback in
a follow-up commit.

This is the first step only. There are many things that are incomplete,
including:
- A few things are still at the top-level, like contrib directory or
checkstyle.xml that should go elsewhere.
- Some READMEs may now become out-of-date.
- We need a few more aggregator pom.xml files; they are not added yet.

There's nothing in this pull request that renames Dataflow to Beam; it just
moves files around without changing the content.

Thanks!

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam/pull/72
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam/pull/46

Re: [HEADS UP] Directory reorganization